Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Dear Diary...

After numerous requests from my friends and colleagues I've decided to chronicle my adventures in the oh so exciting world of online dating. The bachelors in my stories shall remain nameless and are referred to by numbers and nicknames. For those of you who don't know who I am or aren't familiar with my story, let me start from the beginning.

I am your basic, single, successful, incredibly awesome, 30 year old woman. Last May I discovered that my boyfriend of nearly 5 years was fucking an assistant in his office, who was 10 years younger than him (yeah, he's your basic disgusting douchebag). I learned about this 1 month before my 30th birthday and 1 month before we were supposed to go to Hawaii. Obviously we did not go to Hawaii. Rather, I told him to "go fuck yourself and your fucking whore" followed by a hearty door slam to the face (it was a pretty awesome moment for me). I allowed myself only 2 weeks to be upset, because that was all that he was worth. After that, I planned a bad ass 30th birthday party and booked a 2 week tour of Europe, which was the most amazing experience of my life.

I got back on the dating horse July of 2012, right before I left for Europe. Mind you I hadn't been in the dating pool in a very long time, so I was a bit rusty and out of the loop in terms of the "dating rules." So ummmm.... don't judge me by some of the following stories- there are times where I clearly lacked common sense, I am aware of this! I continue to learn from my mistakes and improve with each bachelor (for the most part).